Saturday, April 14, 2018

Nest has three eggs





While the sun was still shining, early this morning, I checked the eggs in the nest and found there were still just the two.


The mama with the pointed beak was still in the nest. Again, she remained still and on the nest while I snapped pictures of her. Shortly after this, the rain moved in and settled in for most of the day. Each time I looked in the direction of the nest, I saw the mama sitting on it. She took only a few breaks today.

Late this afternoon, I returned to the nest while the mama was taking a break. There were three eggs in it. I'm still wondering about the viability of the first egg.

I only saw the mama off the nest twice today. She may have wanted to make sure the eggs stayed dry.

                                                                       
 ~~~B~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Still three eggs in nest

Mama robin did not stir or seem the least bit perturbed when I snapped this picture today, standing just about three feet away from h...