Sunday, April 15, 2018

Another rainy day of nesting

At my first peek of the nest this morning, it appeared mama robin was sleeping while keeping the eggs warm. Why not? It was still raining. Maybe the sound of the rain on the satellite dish made her sleepy.

And it probably gets boring, spending hours confined to a small space. I remember last year, seeing a mama robin yawn while sitting on her nest. I had no idea birds yawned.

Mama robin rarely left the nest today, taking only a few breaks. When the rain cleared in mid afternoon, I approached the nest with my camera. Again, she never moved or seemed the least bit concerned when I moved closer and snapped a couple photos.

Around 7 this evening, I returned to the nest while she was taking a break. There were still three eggs..same as yesterday... in the nest. I'm wondering if there will be more. Two of the three robins' nests I observed last year had four eggs in each nest. The third had five egg


~~~B~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still three eggs in nest

Mama robin did not stir or seem the least bit perturbed when I snapped this picture today, standing just about three feet away from h...