Friday, May 1, 2009

Welcoming May


"Among the changing months,
May stands confest
The sweetest,
and in fairest colors dressed."

- James Thomson, On May



May has arrived, and without looking at the calendar, I would know that by the peony buds that will be opening any day now. This fragrant flower only blooms for a few short weeks in May, with its lush blooms capable of perfuming not only the yard in which it's planted but the neighbors,' as well.

Now that May is here again, all outdoors is in full-blown beauty, and those procrasting trees are fully green, again. All nature seems to dress in its best in May.

If you can't tell by now, May is my favorite month of the year. For as long as I can remember, I've looked for my favorite flowers in May -- peonies, irises, roses and even the blooms and fragrance of the honeysuckle vines. And my favorite fruit, strawberries, are available from my garden in May.

And if that wasn't enough for me to favor this month, I also met my husband in May, and both my children have May birthdays.

It's May, again!


B

No comments:

Post a Comment

Still three eggs in nest

Mama robin did not stir or seem the least bit perturbed when I snapped this picture today, standing just about three feet away from h...